If you have recently been in a car accident in the St. Petersburg area, it is imperative that you see a chiropractor as soon as possible to check for any auto accident injuries. It’s unfortunate, but even minor fender benders can cause serious damage to the body, and symptoms don’t usually surface until days, sometimes weeks, later.
How you handle any existing or potential damage to your body will impact your health and well-being for the rest of your life. The sooner you seek medical treatment, the better! To schedule an appointment give us a call at Bond Thomas Chiropractic today: 727-522-1900.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Whether it was a severe or minor crash, your back, neck, and spine are the most-susceptible areas for injuries in auto accidents. Because these areas are critical to normal, day to day functioning, it is important that they are thoroughly examined. Again, the symptoms may be delayed, so it is important you seek treatment even if you don’t feel like you are injured.
There is a wide variety of injuries that can be caused by a car accident; some of the most common include:
- Brain/Head Injuries. If you are suffering migraines, or feel dizzy, after a collision, there is a chance your head was affected. Injuries of the brain/head can vary from minor concussions to TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).
- Neck Injuries. The neck is one of the most common parts of the body to ache after an accident, especially for people who were wearing their seatbelts when rear-ended. The quick, forward motion, followed by snapping back, can cause disc injury and sometimes cervical radiculopathy.
- Back Injuries. These can include sprains, fractures, disc injury, and lumbar spine injury
- Soft Tissue Injuries. These are most often caused from whiplash and will likely worsen over time unless properly treated. Whiplash is common in accidents because of the sudden impact and jerking of your neck. When you get whiplash, it means there are tears in ligaments and muscles, which can cause pain and sometimes swelling. Over time, your body’s tissues will work to repair these tears, but it is crucial to see a professional to ensure that they heal properly.
In most cases, for an insurance company to cover the medical bills you must seek treatment within 14 days of the crash. This is why seeing a chiropractor as soon as possible after an accident is so important.
Chiropractic Treatment for Auto Accident Injuries
At Bond Thomas, we offer manual adjustments and massage therapy to restore your spine to its proper alignment and correct any ailments of the musculoskeletal system. We make sure you are alleviated of any pain—regardless of how mild it may be. We offer relief, restorative, and wellness chiropractic care services to people suffering auto accident injuries in the St. Petersburg area.
Some of our services also include:
- Examinations and Evaluations
- Spinal/Postural Screenings
- Corrective Treatments
- Spinal Adjustments
Painkillers are not a long term solution for auto accident injuries. Our natural and holistic approach will relieve the pressure on your nerves, muscles, and joints without the help of surgery or pain pills.
What to Expect
We will create a custom treatment plan best suited for diagnosing, managing, and treating your pain. We have over 14 years of experience treating the residents in and around St. Petersburg, and we look forward to helping you as well!
For your convenience, we have made it possible to request an appointment online and download the patient forms. If you have never visited us before, be sure to check out our New Patient Special!
Your body is your temple, and you only get one. Avoid any acute and/or chronic pain from auto accident injuries and give us a call today at 727-522-1900!
Communities We Serve
- Crescent Heights
- Disston Heights
- Downtown St Pete
- Eden Isles
- Historic Old Northeast
- Magnolia Heights
- North East Park
- North Kenwood
- North Shore
- Norwood Heights
- Shore Acres
- Venetian Isles
- Vinoy Park