SHOULDER PAIN AND CHIROPRACTIC
If you suffer from a shoulder injury or pain in the shoulder it is important to seek chiropractic treatment so your injury can be evaluated immediately.
Our St Pete shoulder injury doctor will evaluate your injury and develop a tailored plan of treatment for your injury to relieve pain and speed up healing. Removing the inflammation in the joint usually results in a significant decrease in pain. Specific muscle stretching and at home exercises are used to correct any muscular imbalances between the upper back and chest. Correcting these imbalances helps to ensure smooth and even shoulder motion.
Some of the most common causes of shoulder pain include:
– Rotator cuff tear
– Instability due to injury such as dislocated shoulder
– Overuse leading to inflammation
– Bursitis or tendinitis, also called impingement syndrome
– Ligament injury, called acromio-clavicular tear or A/C separation
– Calcium deposits in the tendons
– Frozen shoulder
– Referred pain — pain that originates in the neck, back, or internal organs, yet is felt in the shoulder
When its time to visit Dr Bond Thomas Chiropractic for your shoulder pain
– Difficulty holding objects
– Reduced arm function, especially if it’s hard to raise your arm
– Swelling or bruising around the shoulder or arm
– Signs of infection, such as fever, redness, warmth or swelling
– Shoulder pain that persists when you’re resting
– Shoulder pain that lasts more than a few days
– Recurring shoulder pain
– Shoulder joint that appears deformed
– Unusual twinges or aches in the shoulder area
St Pete Chiropractic treatments for your shoulder pain:
Chiropractic therapy effectively relieves shoulder pain from most causes, but Dr. Bond Thomas evaluates each patient to assess for referred pain and any potential underlying health conditions. Our goal at Bond Thomas Chiropractic of St Pete is to relieve shoulder pain and bring back full function, so depending on your condition, you may need adjustments of the shoulder, neck, and upper back. We’ll also teach you exercises to build strength and motion, while avoiding further damage. Call us today and start the healing.