Most relaxation massages are received at spas where other treatments such as manicures, facials, and paraffin waxes are offered. Therapeutic massages are more likely to be available at wellness centers, chiropractic clinics, and therapists’ offices. The main difference between the two? Relaxation massages are better for stress relief and, well, relaxation! Massage therapy, on the other hand, is for specialized treatment of injuries, pain, sprains, and other more severe issues. For those in St. Petersburg who need to unwind, relax, and straighten out their health, Bond Thomas Chiropractic is here to provide you with our exclusive massage club offerings.
Who is Massage Therapy in St. Petersburg for?
Massage therapy is recommended for individuals who:
- Suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis
- Have been diagnosed with respiratory issues
- Want to alleviate muscle tension or are prone to headaches
- Want to improve sleep or are looking to relax, unwind, and destress
- Have a sports-related injury and want to lesson sprains and strains after working out
- Experience spinal aggravation or are seeking short-term relief from spinal
- And more!
What to Expect at a Massage Therapy Session
When you arrive at our massage therapy office in St. Petersburg, you will undergo several simple steps to prepare for your experience:
- Complete a questionnaire. This provides our specialist with the information they require concerning your health. It also allows you to share with us where you are experiencing pain so that we can ensure faster recovery.
- You will be taken to a private room. During relaxation massages, you may be asked to undress to a level that you are comfortable with. Most therapeutic treatments do not require the removal of any garments.
- You will lay flat but comfortably on a small bed, which will be prepared for you by our specialist.
- During your time with the therapist, make sure that you are vocal about your comfort level. Inform your therapist if you would like more or less pressure or if you want them to focus on a certain area.
- After you are finished, the therapist may recommend drinking plenty of fluids, exercises you can do at home, and measures that you can take to avoid future aches and pains.
- It is highly recommended that you schedule future appointments. Depending on your time, needs, and financial plan, a program can be arranged to help you meet your goals.
Why is Massage Therapy Effective?
Massage therapy is a non-invasive, inexpensive, safe, and effective way to treat muscle aches and pains. This treatment is effective because it narrows in on crucial trigger points, and through specialized attention provides clients with accurate care.
Massage therapy is a wonderful way to gain relief from stress, anxiety, pain, and discomfort. For all of your chiropractic needs in St. Petersburg, call Bond Thomas Chiropractic 727-522-1900. We are open Monday through Saturday and Fridays and Saturdays are by appointment only. Experience relief— experience Bond Thomas Chiropractic.